The School of Music is proud to present a public lecture by composer Daron Hagen, along with a vocal master class. Mr. Hagen’s 3-day residency will conclude with a lecture and presentation of arias from his opera Amelia with Doctor of Arts student Kelci Kosin and the Ball State Symphony Orchestra, conducted by Master of Music student Matthew Cooperman. All events are free and open to the public.
· Public Lecture: Wednesday, April 25, from 4-5 p.m.in Room 216 ("Soundhouse C") of the Music Instruction Building (MI).
· Vocal Master Class: Wednesday, April 25, from 7-8:30 p.m. in Room 123 of the Hargreaves Music Building (MU), featuring Ball State School of Music students.
· Lecture and selections from Amelia: Thursday, April 26, at 3 p.m. in Sursa Performance Hall.
Learn more about the PRISM Project here.
The program will include:
- The Flier's Descent, a seven-minute scena for Amelia Earhart as she ditches in the ocean originally sung by Jennifer Zetlan
- How Will I Explain, Amelia's nervous breakdown aria, originally sung by Kate Lindsey
- Oh Stars Flung Wide, an original set of variations on the great "Naval Hymn," originally sung by Jane Eaglen
- My Two Loves, also known as the "Letter Aria," originally sung by Nathan Gunn